Deadline: 11 May 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Communications and Advocacy in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Communications and Advocacy will perform the following functions-
- Lead UN Women strategic direction and advice on communications and public advocacy:
- Lead development and implementation of a global communications & advocacy strategy in line with UN Women’s Strategic Plan to position UN Women and its mandate to global audiences, outlining the brand, messages, audience, and communication channels to reach the intended audiences, and ensure that UN Women’s message is consistently communicated.
- Guide and oversee application of UN Women’s brand and message and grow brand equity.
- Ensure messaging and branding is uniformly applied across the organization, its programmes and activities.
- Lead the provision of communications policies and guidelines to direct communications activities and ensure organization-wide coherence and consistency.
- Provide strategic communications advice to UN Women senior management, including on high-level media engagement to drive key issues on the organization’s agenda; provides advice and guidance on crisis communications.
- Lead the communications & advocacy team and guides and supervises all communications initiatives:
- Guide the development and implementation of event-specific, integrated communications strategies to advance UN Women’s advocacy and position the organization, such as for intergovernmental meetings, international conferences, launches of UN Women flagship reports; International Women’s Day etc..
- Direct relationships with the media at the global level. Develop and nurture media networks, to educate and sensitize journalists to UN Women’s mandate and work.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in one or more of the following disciplines: communications, international development, social studies, and other related fields.
- At least 15 year’s of management experience in global strategic communications, preferably with an international organization.
- Experience in leading strategic communications at the international level.
- Experience of managing teams, including networked capacity in multiple countries.
- Written and oral proficiency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.