Deadline: 30 April 2016
The INTASAVE-CARIBSAVE Group is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Climate Communications & Development Officer in Oxford, United Kingdom. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Climate Communications & Development Officer will be expected to participate actively in communications work, project research, development and management tasks related to Africa programme, reporting to the Regional Director for Africa.
INTASAVE-CARIBSAVE Group is a global not-for-profit and environmental enterprise that innovates, connects and implements practical solutions for sustainable development and climate change.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Climate Communications & Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Script writing for Literature review to determine the current pathways of climate knowledge exchange and social learning in semi-arid regions.
- Desk research and market analysis of Kenyan solar energy market contributing to the business plan of INTASAVE’s low carbon energy for development enterprise.
- Desk research and targeted outreach to institutional foundations and corporate partnership opportunities in Europe.
- Article writing of project impact stories and evaluation results for targeted communications outputs Conduct targeted research or project management tasks that can directly contribute towards ongoing projects.
- Conduct research for funding proposals and projects which may be specific to a climate related activity or for a particular donor or funding organization.
- Conduct research of relevant funding opportunities and assist in the preparation of targeted outreach to new prospective donors.
- Support the drafting of complex climate related proposals, for example to research councils, statutory donors and global funding institutions.
- Collect and analyze relevant data and information on climate change related topics, e.g., semi-arid regions, climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies in communities, communications for climate adaptation etc.
- Promoting INTASAVE and its work regionally and globally through support for targeted communications outputs.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time as determined by the needs of the Africa programme or wider Group.
Applicants must have-
- A minimum of a Honors degree in Sustainable Development, Environmental Studies, Geography, Climate Change or related subject.
- Professional experience.
- Self-motivated and passionate about the subject of climate change and sustainable international.
- Ability to review, analyze and synthesize detailed and technical documents and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write professionally in English.
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of initiative, discipline and self-motivation.
- Flexibility, methodical and conscientious approach to work.
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office packages (for presentations, spread sheets, etc.).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and covering letter describing their relevant experience in relation to the requirements for this post via email, with “Climate Communications & Development Officer” in the subject line.
For more information, please visit INTASAVE-CARIBSAVE Group.