Deadline: 21 August 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication and Media Assistant in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Communication and Media Assistant will responsible of Plan International image, and responsible of creating a positive relationship between Plan International and its beneficiaries, partners, donors and the general public.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilites
The Communication and Media Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Assist in the implementation of Plan International Communications Strategy and Work Plans.
- Build toolkits with the support of the supervisor and distribute comprehensive social media toolkits to partners and others in support of major events, campaigns, and other initiatives of Plan International.
- Collaborate in planning, monitoring and reporting of communication activities.
- Support the development and dissemination of communication print and visual materials.
- Support in creating and design promotional and visibility items.
- Regular field visits to collect evidence materials (photos, videos, stories, statements).
- Draft press releases, statements and success stories in both Arabic and English.
- Maintain library/ database of reference materials and photos.
- Support in managing Plan International digital platforms and insure their activeness.
- Design and create high quality and highly engaging social media content.
- Handle media monitoring process and develop regular media reports.
- Provide support to Plan International public campaigns and events.
- Cover Plan International events live on social media using multimedia (e.g. live tweeting, producing social media graphics from templates, producing live video clips, produce Facebook Live broadcasts etc.).
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in relevant fields and subjects additional to the knowledge in graphic design.
- Minimum 2 years of Communication, Branding, Media, Campaigns experience preferably with an international organization.
- Experience in planning and facilitating training/workshops.
- Fluency written and spoken English and Arabic language skills required.
- Strong interviewing skills and ability to process the conversation during any interview.
- Demonstrated writing skills (report writing, articles, stories, and press releases).
- Experience in video and film making.
- Experience working with children and understanding their special needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and team work abilities.
- Understanding of and commitment to the promotion of gender equality, child protection and inclusion of the most vulnerable.
- Creates strong sense of ownership within one part of the business to different stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local context and of interaction with local development actors and communities.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Plan International.