Deadline: 21 February 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication and Partnership Officer in Pretoria, South Africa. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication and Partnership Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage UN Women media / press relations.
- Oversee and maintain sub-regional online outreach and produce information materials for public outreach.
- Provide advice and support to UN Women special events and campaigns.
- Liaise closely with UN Women Communications Team at HQ to feed regional / national initiatives into corporate communications initiatives and vice versa.
- Coordinate communication activities with UN communication colleagues in the countries covered by MCO.
- Support partnerships development and build communications partnerships and media alliances.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations, or a related field.
- Foreign qualifications must be evaluated by SAQA (South Africa Qualifications Authority).
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience in communications at the national or international level, including experience in media relations.
- Experience in on-line outreach and multimedia an asset.
- Experience working in large development agency also pertinent.
- Good IT skills, including databases and office software packages.
- Familiar with gender issues.
- Familiar with UN Women and UN system is an asset.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and editing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit UN Women.