Deadline: 21 February 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication and Partnership Officer in Pretoria, South Africa. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communication and Partnership Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage UN Women media / press relations.
- Oversee and maintain sub-regional online outreach and produce information materials for public outreach.
- Provide advice and support to UN Women special events and campaigns.
- Liaise closely with UN Women Communications Team at HQ to feed regional / national initiatives into corporate communications initiatives and vice versa.
- Coordinate communication activities with UN communication colleagues in the countries covered by MCO.
- Support partnerships development and build communications partnerships and media alliances.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations, or a related field.
- Foreign qualifications must be evaluated by SAQA (South Africa Qualifications Authority).
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience in communications at the national or international level, including experience in media relations.
- Experience in on-line outreach and multimedia an asset.
- Experience working in large development agency also pertinent.
- Good IT skills, including databases and office software packages.
- Familiar with gender issues.
- Familiar with UN Women and UN system is an asset.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and editing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.