Deadline: 15 October 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Assistant – Digital in Kampala, Uganda.
The Communication Assistant will support with technical, administrative and operational to plan, execute, monitor and report on all social media assets produced and disseminated via all UNICEF Uganda digital platforms.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Assistant will perform following functions:
- Facilitate production of graphic designs, visual and audio concepts and materials
- Support the production of social media assets for digital communication
- Contribute to driving audience focused engagement
- Provide administrative support to the planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of the UNICEF Uganda communication strategy and social media and graphic assets produced
- Support the management of UNICEF Uganda digital platforms
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related in graphic designing, illustrations, mass communication, journalism, digital communication, multimedia communication and related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible digital communication production work experience is required with experience working in various media formats: online, audio, video, photography and graphics and managing active digital and social media sites.
- Practical professional work experience in graphic design and digital publishing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest digital production and editing software (especially for video editing, photo editing and graphic design).
- Creative skills in the following industry tools (Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Photoshop) to be able to produce a wide range of compelling social media content.
- Practical professional work experience in interactive digital and social media.
- Experience in digitizing and video streaming and creating graphics for the web and other multimedia services.
- Basic video production and editing.
- Fluency in English is required (reading/writing/speaking).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.