Deadline: 11 November 2016
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Assistant in Panama.
The Communication Assistant will be responsible for designing and editing corporate materials used by the Panama Country Office, editing, designing and layout of all materials published through the UNICEF office.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support in the production of communication products and materials for different audiences, but mainly mass media.
- Adapt global communications materials to the local context when is required.
- Monitor and record the information published by the mass media and digital media related to UNICEF and important national children topics.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for web, blogs and traditional media.
- Implement the tasks in the country communication work plan and strategy as assigned.
- Provide technical support in the designing and production of documents and materials essential for the implementation of the communication and advocacy strategy of UNICEF Panama, when it is required.
- Ensure with the programme officers that all document designed by UNICEF Panama are accompanied by detailed and pertinent distribution list, and follow up its delivery.
- Guarantee the proper use of the logo of UNICEF in publications and documents produced and designed by partners and allies.
- Maintain updated the data base of journalists and opinion leaders and keep close collaboration with mass media.
- Provide logistical and technical support to UNICEF Panama office during public and internal activities such as workshops, events, meetings, where it is required.
- Ensure that the country office contact list of individuals, groups, or organization, including government are up to date.
- Assist in preparing communication materials for advocacy events according to audience and relevant for UNICEF.
- Follow up on the agreements established in the plan advocacy when required.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented with university courses in communications, journalism and Public relations.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, interactive digital media and/or publicity.
- Experience in photography skills and graphic designing will be an asset.
- Experience in an international organization is a plus.
- Digital communication skills and other skills related to specific domains within communication would be an asset.
- Fluency English and Spanish as the local language of the duty station is required.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.