Deadline: 1 December 2016
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Officer in Gambia.
The Communication for Development Officer will report to the C4D Specialist P3 for supervision and guidance.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, communication, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region.
- Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of the Country Program of Cooperation (and UNDAF).
- Collect, synthesize, draft and/or organize materials and related documentations for evidence-based C4D strategies and plans (as a component of the CO and/or UNDAF Programs) to ensure optimum impact, scale and sustainability of achievements/results.
- Assess, select and/or recommend appropriate information and materials for C4D initiatives verifying accuracy and quality for dissemination.
- Monitor and assess the impact of C4D strategies and activities on the CO and UNICEF goals to achieve measureable behavioral and social change resulting in the improvement of children’s rights and wellbeing.
- Submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources and multiple/social/digital media and tools to support maximum impact and outreach of C4D initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications and public advocacy and/or related areas at the international and/or large organization some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Gambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.