Deadline: 28 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Specialist in Ondo, Nigeria.
The Communication for Development Specialist will be responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design, manages, and facilitates the implementation of programme communication strategy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioral change in support of country programme delivery.
- In collaboration with UNICEF management and decision makers and planners of government, donor organizations and the private sector, (a) behavior development/change at individual/household levels; (b) social mobilization of civil society organizations; and (c) increased community participation in development programmes for positive social change.
- Make viable recommendations on operational strategies in the areas of participatory communication, social mobilization and behavior change and on appropriate materials and media to reach target audiences.
- Organize the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials.
- In collaboration with partners, organize and manage the formative research, development, pre-testing and production of culturally relevant communication materials to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery, including facilitating behavior change, where necessary.
- Support the UNICEF global communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary country specific and local community materials.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and appropriateness of communication materials that are developed, produced, and disseminated to local communities, government officials, other partners and the press.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in the social/behavioral sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behavior development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Background/familiarity with emergency operations and staff security.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.