Deadline: 27 July 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Development Officer in Turkmenistan.
The Communication for Development Officer will provide technical and operational support to the programme by coordinating, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating a variety of initiatives related to behaviour change and social development, including adolescent and youth participation/empowerment, community engagement, and measurable behavioural and social change/mobilization, requiring the application of technical and theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to complete tasks.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Development Officer will perform following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, communication, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region, including on adolescents and youth Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D and adolescents and youth interventions.
- Monitor and assess the impact of C4D strategies and activities and submit qualitative report/synthesis of results for development planning and improvement.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of adolescent and youth programme goals, objectives, strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of related information/data for development planning and priority and goal setting.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Collaborate and/or consult with partners to provide operational and technical support to research, develop, and produce evidence-based strategies and test, produce and use quality materials, organize events and activities to ensure engagement and participation of communities and young people.
- Follow up and monitor the production of materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target audience (e.g. individuals, communities, government officials, partners, media etc).
- Collect, assess and organize information for budget planning and management of programme funds and prepare documentations and related materials for financial planning for programme initiatives.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organisations to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support resource mobilization to ensure the adolescent development and participation programmes are adequately resourced and supported.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Support the organization, administration and implementation of capacity building initiatives, including partnerships with training and academic institutions, to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners across programme sectors in C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects.
- Develop training materials for training activities, and revise and update them as necessary.
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Experience in working with adolescents and youth is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Turkmen is required.
- Nationality of Turkmenistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.