Deadline: 6 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Damascus, Syria.
The Communication Officer will coordinate the multi-media output of field office communications officers, as well as coordinating product development and placement with UNICEF’s Regional Office and Headquarters.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for in-house digital/multi-media production work.
- Develop work-plans with Section management and in coordination with field communications officers to develop multi-media products to support communications, advocacy and donor visibility products and campaigns.
- Shoot video and take photos for communications and advocacy products and campaigns.
- Edit and complete post production work of multi-media digital products.
- Coordinate and support daily multi-media work of field office communications officers.
- Enhance multi-media skills of field office communications officers by conducting periodic training workshops.
- Identify and coordinate the outputs of video and photography contractors, ensuring quality control and editorial focus.
- Oversee and contribute to graphic design services for printed materials in Arabic and English.
- Maintain the proper and consistent application of the UNICEF brand in all UNICEF communication products.
- Manage the video, photo and multi-media product archive of the SCO.
- Coordinate with the digital media specialist in the UNICEF Regional Office, MENA, and with UNICEF Headquarters digital and social media teams as required.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Design, Public Relations or a related field.
- Two years practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations is an asset.
- Excellence in English and Arabic (oral and written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.