Deadline: 10 April 2023
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer (Joint Programme on Gender) in Kathmandu, Nepal.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer (Joint Programme on Gender) will perform the following functions:
- Develop a Communication strategy for the JP and lead in implementing aligned activities:
- Development of the Communications Strategy and brand guidelines for the JP and the production of key strategic audiovisual assets that communicate the impact of the JP, in line with the Strategy. All developed materials will adhere to the brand guideline.
- Media Relations:
- To communicate the Empowered Women Prosperous Nepal project to a broader audience, professional assistance and support are provided in developing, drafting, and maintaining contact information, materials, and relationships with journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, web, etc. – in the country.
- Monitoring and evaluation:
- Effective and regular reporting of monitoring and evaluation of communications activities undertaken according to the JP Communications Strategy.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- 2 years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Relevant Field work experience.
- International experience is an asset
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Knowledge of:
- Communication practice, methodology, and application. Current theories and practices in communication research planning and strategy are required.
- Fundamentals of working in various media formats, including print, audio, video, and the web.
- Computer systems, including internet navigation, office applications, and interactive digital media in particular.
- Good understanding of gender empowerment and other development issues, as well as global human rights issues, particularly those affecting children and women, as well as current UN positions and approaches.
- Goals, visions, positions, policies, guidelines, and strategies for UN communication.
- Policies and strategies developed by the United Nations to address national and international issues, including emergencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are required in both English and Nepali.
- Knowledge of another official UN language
- Nationality of Nepal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.