Deadline : 4 March 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer – Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation in New York, United States.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communication Officer – Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation will perform the following functions:
- Strategic communication and advocacy planning
- Support the regular planning, review and reporting processes of the Division of Communication.
- Coordinate regular data collection processes, and update planning, monitoring and reporting tools/systems (e.g. Results Assessment Module (RAM), Strategic Monitoring Questions (SMQs) in accordance with the corporate requirements and guidelines.
- Work closely with DOC Sections, country and regional offices and National Committees to support the planning, monitoring and evaluation of specific campaigns and initiatives as per annual work plan.
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Work closely with DOC Sections to obtain analytical quantitative and qualitative results, lessons learned, and insights for integration into campaign snapshot reports, mid-year report, annual report, and other reports as required.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage and digital conversations (both on social media and news online) to evaluate the impact of UNICEF’s global communication and advocacy initiatives.
- Manage vendor relationships and maintain DOC’s Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) for monitoring tools; serve as the focal point for account management, training, and procurement on the monitoring tools for DOC, and country and regional offices.
- Research, data management, analysis and knowledge management
- Design research surveys and tools for data collection; review, analyze and interpret responses; summarize key findings from corporate systems such as RAM and SMQs and draw recommendations for communication and advocacy.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and exchange on communication and advocacy across UNICEF through organizing learning sessions, webinars and events (such as brown bags, technical meetings, Skillshare, induction meetings, etc.).
- Support the formulation of systems, tools, and platforms for structured learning and capacity building, including compilation and application of lessons learnt, best practices and case studies in communication and advocacy.
- Any other tasks required within the scope of work of Strategic Planning section.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First-Level University Degree in communication, monitoring and evaluation, development management, social sciences, or other related discipline.
- At least 2 year’s work experience in a professional capacity in monitoring and evaluation, report writing and communication / digital media, preferably within the UN or similar organization, government or non-governmental organization.
- Knowledge of social media and web analytic platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) with advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and collaborative tools.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.