Deadline : 4 March 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer – Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Communication Officer – Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation will perform the following functions:
- Strategic communication and advocacy planning
- Support the regular planning, review and reporting processes of the Division of Communication.
- Coordinate regular data collection processes, and update planning, monitoring and reporting tools/systems (e.g. Results Assessment Module (RAM), Strategic Monitoring Questions (SMQs) in accordance with the corporate requirements and guidelines.
- Work closely with DOC Sections, country and regional offices and National Committees to support the planning, monitoring and evaluation of specific campaigns and initiatives as per annual work plan.
- Monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Work closely with DOC Sections to obtain analytical quantitative and qualitative results, lessons learned, and insights for integration into campaign snapshot reports, mid-year report, annual report, and other reports as required.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage and digital conversations (both on social media and news online) to evaluate the impact of UNICEF’s global communication and advocacy initiatives.
- Manage vendor relationships and maintain DOC’s Long-Term Agreements (LTAs) for monitoring tools; serve as the focal point for account management, training, and procurement on the monitoring tools for DOC, and country and regional offices.
- Research, data management, analysis and knowledge management
- Design research surveys and tools for data collection; review, analyze and interpret responses; summarize key findings from corporate systems such as RAM and SMQs and draw recommendations for communication and advocacy.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and exchange on communication and advocacy across UNICEF through organizing learning sessions, webinars and events (such as brown bags, technical meetings, Skillshare, induction meetings, etc.).
- Support the formulation of systems, tools, and platforms for structured learning and capacity building, including compilation and application of lessons learnt, best practices and case studies in communication and advocacy.
- Any other tasks required within the scope of work of Strategic Planning section.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First-Level University Degree in communication, monitoring and evaluation, development management, social sciences, or other related discipline.
- At least 2 year’s work experience in a professional capacity in monitoring and evaluation, report writing and communication / digital media, preferably within the UN or similar organization, government or non-governmental organization.
- Knowledge of social media and web analytic platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) with advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and collaborative tools.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.