Deadline: 11 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Aleppo, Syria.
The Communication Officer will be accountable for the external communications and donor visibility activities in the Aleppo Field Office.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead the Field Office approach to implementing the SCO communication and advocacy strategies, in close consultation with the SCO Chief of Communications.
- Develop, implement and monitor and evaluate the Field Office Communications Work-plan related to the strategies.
- Work with programme officers at the field office level to develop and implement programme communications as part of the Field Office Communications Work Plan.
- Assist in developing and maintaining close collaboration with mass media represented in Aleppo, as well as with groups and organization whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives.
- Design and produce advocacy and communication materials such as videos, high quality photos and related product; and contribute to oversight of the qualitative aspects of production, including quality control translation, review of layouts and graphic design; identify and work with creative contractors such as photographers and videographers in making these products.
- Draft and edit articles, human interest stories and other advocacy/information materials for both social media and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Support donor visibility efforts by contributing to various communication and visibility products customized for various donor requirements.
- Prepare background communication and promotion material for briefing and visits of international media, goodwill ambassadors, donor, national committee representatives and other special interest groups.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- Minimum one year practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or a similar role.
- Proven journalistic, media monitoring or production skills including field based interview skills, photography or videography expertise, high level of proficiency in MS Office, ability to maintain basic website, produce external communication products (newsletters, Fact Sheets Press Release, etc.).
- Ability to coordinate production with external creative contractors such as photographers.
- Field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.