Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication for Social Change Officer in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Communication for Social Change Officer will assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating activities to support an advocacy and communication strategy in the area of social norms and public attitudes change to get children’s and women’s issues into the public domain.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication for Social Change Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the production of communication materials related to communication for social change (e.g. briefing notes, images, video, web pages etc.) that meet the country and global standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit, Brand book and Communication and public advocacy strategy.
- Assist in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories and other social change related materials for web-based, social and traditional media, as appropriate.
- Follow up on the production of advocacy and communication materials (e.g., films, videos, audio-visuals, etc.) aiming at social norms and public advocacy change, and oversees the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translations, reviews of layout and graphic design etc.) to meet standards as set out in the Communication Toolkit and Brand book and Communication and public advocacy strategy.
- Recommend appropriate information and communication for social change materials for use in media, and other advocacy and communication activities.
- Recommend established contacts, networks, resources and processes to support advocacy, communication for social change, ethical reporting and child rights in media, etc.
- Develop and enhances strong partnerships with community groups, opinion leaders and other partners and civil society for promotion of participation in social norms and public attitudes changes supportive of programme goals.
- Promote a better understanding of children’s and women’s issues by assisting in a country level social norms and public attitudes change and social mobilization plan supportive of effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Promote and influences behavior development/change at individual/ household levels, social mobilization of civil society organizations and increased community participation in development programmes.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- Two year practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of another UN language is a benefit.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.