Deadline: 4 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist (country support) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist (country support) will perform the following functions-
- Provide remote support and/or travel to countries on missions to provide in-person support to mainstream communication processes during and after IPC analyses in countries supported by the initiative.
- Assist in developing communications training materials for global, regional and country level.
- Assist in designing tailored dissemination plans of IPC briefs.
- Assist in developing emergency-response IPC communication products.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a media and communication officers’ database they will help build the global communication network.
- Develop training/engagement materials for media to better understand and report on IPC processes.
- Coordinate with IPC Regional Coordinators to engage and mobilize communication counterparts of existing and potential partners of the IPC to further strengthen capacity to carry out the initiative’s mandate.
- Plan production of short video documentaries such as drafting TOR’s for short contract, coordinate production, write script, picture selection, conduct interviews, and ensure timely delivery of products.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in communication, or journalism.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant experience in journalism, training and media production.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.