Deadline: 4 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist (country support) in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communication Specialist (country support) will perform the following functions-
- Provide remote support and/or travel to countries on missions to provide in-person support to mainstream communication processes during and after IPC analyses in countries supported by the initiative.
- Assist in developing communications training materials for global, regional and country level.
- Assist in designing tailored dissemination plans of IPC briefs.
- Assist in developing emergency-response IPC communication products.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a media and communication officers’ database they will help build the global communication network.
- Develop training/engagement materials for media to better understand and report on IPC processes.
- Coordinate with IPC Regional Coordinators to engage and mobilize communication counterparts of existing and potential partners of the IPC to further strengthen capacity to carry out the initiative’s mandate.
- Plan production of short video documentaries such as drafting TOR’s for short contract, coordinate production, write script, picture selection, conduct interviews, and ensure timely delivery of products.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in communication, or journalism.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant experience in journalism, training and media production.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.