Deadline: 27 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in Damascus, Syria.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that the Country Office/Media Hub has a clear communication strategy and associated work plan to support the country programme objectives and get children’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
- Develop, maintain and update the country advocacy and communication strategy and associated work plan. Strategy and work plan include: an environmental and stakeholder assessment; objectives; target audiences; messages and media mix; resources; specific actions, activities and products; monitoring and evaluation of impact; success and opportunity for improvement; ongoing refinement of the strategy.
- UNICEF’s rights- and results-based programming approach is appropriately reflected in the communication strategy, work plan and products.
- Maintain close collaboration with Regional Communication Advisers and HQ Communication Officers for effective overall coordination.
- Promote a better understanding of, respect and support for children’s and women’s rights and issues by carrying out media, information and education activities in support of UNICEF-assisted development programmes or humanitarian efforts in the country.
- Track the latest developments and issues on UNICEF Syria areas of focus in the media.
- Develop, maintain and update media relations contact list/database.
- Establish, document, review and refine process of communicating with media contacts, including press conferences and events, issuing of media materials etc.
- Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media, National Committees, NGOs, the field and other appropriate audiences.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International and national work experience (for IP).
- Field work experience (for NO).
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.