Deadline: 1 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Advocacy Specialist in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Communications and Advocacy Specialist will be responsible for developing strategic communications and media initiatives and managing media/press coverage.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications and Advocacy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Plan and implement communications components of UN Women and/or UN campaigns, e.g. HeforShe, UNiTE campaign, etc.
- Provide inputs organize and logistically realize advocacy and events conceptualized and organized with a view to reaching wider audiences including those not convinced or opposed to the UN Women mandate; to that end develop and compile concepts and relevant materials.
- Support the UN Gender Theme Group with advocacy material and communications assistance.
- Contribute to designing and implementation of the advocacy and awareness raising campaigns on EVAWG based on the results of the Gender in Society Perception Study (GSPS) and GSPS Youth Component.
- Using data generated under the GSPS and GSPS Youth Component, help design specific BCC strategies and products targeting specific audiences.
- Support implementation of activities to realize the aforementioned strategies making use of products developed, this in collaboration with programme colleagues.
- Monitor attitude and behavior change over time using an indicator approach.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree in communications, journalism, public relations, social sciences, international relations, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years’ post-degree work experience in development cooperation including exposure to communications and advocacy.
- Ability to use social media; experience in drafting communications material such as press releases.
- Experience working with Government and civil society.
- Good IT skills; photography skills.
- Familiarity with gender issues, EVAWG, and Gender Equality and Women Empowerment.
- Strong oral and written communications and editing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadline.
- Some understanding of the concept of Behavior Change Communications.
- Good numerical skills, necessary to operate budgets and to cost activities.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Familiarity with UN Women and UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English, Russian. Working knowledge of Kyrgyz.
- Nationality of Kyrgyzstan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.