Deadline: 16 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Analyst in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Under the guidance of the Communications Specialist and Communication Senior Officer, contributing to the design and implementation of external communications strategies for Myanmar audiences, including strategic event and campaign strategies.
- Manage external communications for all channels managing a communications content calendar.
- Work closely with other LIFT Communications Team members in preparing and coordinating the production of communications materials for distribution to the media and other LIFT stakeholders, including the Government, parliamentarians, donors, partners, civil society organisations and the general public, as defined by the LIFT communications strategy.
- Stakeholder and media relations management: develop and maintain strong communication channels and networks with national, regional and local media and Government (in particular the key ministries relevant to LIFT’s work) in liaison with the LIFT policy team and other colleagues as required.
- Maintain relevant contact lists in support of effective working relationships.
- Media monitoring and trend analysis.
- Event management: identify and implement creative, efficient and effective ways to engage LIFT’s audiences and stakeholders.
- Identify event and conference participation opportunities, organise events for promoting and furthering LIFT’s work among key stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in communication, media studies, journalism, international relations, public/media relations, public relations, event management, English or any other related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
- 2 year’s of experience in communications, event management, advocacy/government relations, digital media, journalism, public/media relations, marketing, international relations, stakeholder management, writing/editing or any other related fields is required.
- Experience working with Myanmar and international media is highly preferable.
- Experience working in advertising, public relations or event management would be an asset.
- Experience of working in conflict-affected areas and with relevant stakeholders would be a distinct asset.
- Experience in developing strategy and plans for communications and in the organisation of events and associated materials is highly preferable.
- Previous working experience in a similar position with media organisations, UN, NGO or private organisations would be an asset.
- Previous experience working with Government, the media and/or civil society organisations would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills in English and Myanmar, with an understanding of drafting communications content for different audiences, is required.
- Excellent skills in translation from English to Myanmar and Myanmar to English are required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar language is an essential requirement.
- Knowledge of other ethnic languages in Myanmar would be a distinct advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.