Deadline: 8 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Media Associate in Harare, Zimbabwe.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications and Media Associate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of communications strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of communications activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input into the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the UNOPS-ZPIU, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Take the lead with effective management of local media relations:
- Establish an exhaustive, up-to-date, verified media contact listing.
- Build professional relationships with local media representatives to enhance the dissemination of UNOPS-ZPIU news and information updates.
- Assist in positioning UNOPS-ZPIU as a thought leader and credible source of information around early recovery initiatives, sustainable infrastructure and gender parity.
- Contribute to high quality content gathering from various sources:
- Liaise with Technical Agencies and Implementing Partners to gather high quality content from operations including beneficiary interviews, photos, videos, etc.
- Create a range of information, education and communication materials for public dissemination.
- Ensure proper cataloging of content on shared drive for easy retrieval.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other relevant discipline is an asset.
- 6 year’s experience in online content publishing and copy writing is required.
- Experience in media and public relations is required.
- Experience in drafting and editing skills in English and Shona is an added advantage.
- Experience in optimizing website content and use of graphic design softwares is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of Shona Language is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.