Deadline: 8 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications and Media Associate in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications and Media Associate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of communications strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of communications activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input into the elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the UNOPS-ZPIU, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Take the lead with effective management of local media relations:
- Establish an exhaustive, up-to-date, verified media contact listing.
- Build professional relationships with local media representatives to enhance the dissemination of UNOPS-ZPIU news and information updates.
- Assist in positioning UNOPS-ZPIU as a thought leader and credible source of information around early recovery initiatives, sustainable infrastructure and gender parity.
- Contribute to high quality content gathering from various sources:
- Liaise with Technical Agencies and Implementing Partners to gather high quality content from operations including beneficiary interviews, photos, videos, etc.
- Create a range of information, education and communication materials for public dissemination.
- Ensure proper cataloging of content on shared drive for easy retrieval.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other relevant discipline is an asset.
- 6 year’s experience in online content publishing and copy writing is required.
- Experience in media and public relations is required.
- Experience in drafting and editing skills in English and Shona is an added advantage.
- Experience in optimizing website content and use of graphic design softwares is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of Shona Language is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.