Deadline: 11 May 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Maximize the project’s visibility with key audiences.
- Develop and implement a communications plan.
- Write a range of communications materials in English (and sometimes Bangla).
- Organize media events.
- Oversee graphic design solutions including publication templates, visual presentations, pamphlets, info-graphics, icons, and other publication materials that illustrate information and make it legible to different audiences.
- Film and produce video content, including street-level interviews, documentation of project beneficiaries and local communities, and develop compelling video narratives.
- Take high quality photos and commission professional photography.
- Develop and manage social media content.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Communications related field.
- Additional diploma in Journalism, Media Relations, Publishing or related field is appreciated but not mandatory.
- 7 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing and editing ability in English and Bangla.
- Excellent people skills – ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise way.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.