Deadline: 15 October 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Bogota, Colombia. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Communications Associate will be integrated into the Program Team, under the leadership of UNMAS Colombia, providing specialized assistance, to define a communication strategy that makes visible the purpose of the project and the contribution of UNMAS Colombia and donors.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions:
- Propose and develop a Communications and Visibility Plan for the project and the work that UNMAS Colombia carries out in line with the global policies of UNMAS and the European Union, as the main donor of the project.
- Establish mechanisms for promotion, visualization, and appropriate presentation of project achievements.
Review all the material that is produced as guides, articles, reports, manuals, success stories, etc., for proper information management.
- Support the Project Manager in structuring the strategy and messages, to communicate the progress of the
- Propose public dissemination campaigns to highlight key messages in line with the strategic priorities of UNMAS Colombia.
- Coordinate a relationship plan with national and international media to make visible the strategic institutional priorities.
- Advise the team and the Program Director on best practices and ways to establish communication products.
- Coordinate interviews with the different media.
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to the management and communications team of Humanicemos DH, about their communication strategy and institutional messages.
- Ensure that the campaigns and dissemination strategies of the Humanizemos DH project highlight the contribution of international cooperation and technical assistance from UNMAS.
- Project and produce specific information and visual documentation materials.
- Prepare written progress reports, which are required by the Project Management.
Applicants must have:
- Specialization / Master’s degree in areas related to: Communications, Public Relations, International Cooperation, or other relevant discipline with 1 year of experience.
- University degree (professional / undergraduate) in areas related to Social Communication, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Relations and / or Public Policies, or other relevant discipline with 3 years of experience.
- Experience is defined as the experience in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Work experience in Assistance in the areas of Organizational Communication and media is a plus.
- Work experience in information collection and structuring, for the preparation of documents with technical information is a plus.
- Experience in action against mines and / or public sector is a plus.
- Work experience in institutions that develop agreements with international organizations and donors is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (spoken, read and written).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.