Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Associate in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Communications Associate will play a key role in supporting and growing IPA’s external communications and policy outreach.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Associate will perform the following functions-
- Liaise with IPA’s program area, policy, and country office teams to manage external communications activities and requests.
- Produce, design, and update external publications, including, but not limited to, policy briefs, brochures, event materials, and presentations.
- Develop and update graphics, fact sheets, and communications resources for staff.
- Provide timely and superior service to staff and external stakeholders.
- Support website content updates and improvements.
- Maintain and develop IPA brand resources and content.
- Maintain the IPA photo and media library and the acquisition of new photography.
- Assist with the overall execution of IPA’s external research and policy communications strategy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences, design, communications, marketing, or a similar field.
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Excellent desktop publishing skills and eye for good design and presentation.
- Knowledge of Adobe In Design and ability to master quickly.
- Ability to present data through graphs and charts in a professional and clean manner.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to reliably work independently under tight deadlines, juggling multiple tasks for different organizational clients.
- Good sense of humor.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.