Deadline: 20 June 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Coordinator in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 4 months.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Communications – Social Media/Network engagement/Content Planning and production
- Collect and compile success stories from each Program Unit and Thematic area, ensure consistent framing of messages and share with internal and external audiences.
- Manage and produce written and visual/multimedia content for email listserv, website, and social media networks to raise the visibility of Plan International Zimbabwe.
- Write and design regular content for website and email list.
- Develop and post regular content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and other social media platforms.
- Communications – Media Relations
- Build relationships with media outlets and key communications partners that will lead to mainstream media coverage of the Plan International Zimbabwe events.
- Track news coverage of the Plan International Zimbabwe and its key issues.
- Respond to media requests in a timely manner.
- Work with program team members to generate and release media advisories, press releases, and statements and proactively pitch outlets around key issues.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Communication, Journalism, Mass Communication or Public Relations.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Current knowledge of the communications and or media field.
- Hands on experience of web publishing and video production.
- Proficiency in MS office tools.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.