Deadline: 27 January 2020
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Manager – Australia Pacific Climate Partnership Support Unit in Australia.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing the delivery of the Support Unit communications strategy to increase awareness and understanding of the program, its services and results among relevant stakeholders.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will perform the following:
- Work closely with the Support Unit team and DFAT to produce relevant, accurate and creative
materials to showcase the project.
- Tasks will include maintaining the Support Unit website, story identification and writing, video and copy editing, and producing communications products such as factsheets, newsletters, webinars, technical case studies and social media content for DFAT.
- Manage the inputs of consultants and service providers as required, i.e. copy editors, journalists, photographers, videographers, software suppliers, designers, web developers.
- Work with the support unit knowledge manager to support development of content for knowledge brokering products and services in the region.
- Provide editing and proofreading support to ensure materials are accurate, without typographical or grammatical errors and meet DFAT branding guidelines and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance on the appropriate tools and channels to use, best practices in communications, engagement, influencing and messaging to specific target audiences.
- Engage and collaborate with the broader Australian Pacific Climate Partnership and identify opportunities to increase the impact of their activities through communication/marketing support.
- Work with the MEL team to develop content for program reporting.
- Produce a content calendar that anticipates the interests and needs of the target audiences.Assist the Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader, MEL Adviser or MEL Systems Adviser with ad hoc tasks as required.
Applicants must have:
- Tertiary degree in communications or related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience implementing communication strategies with a contemporary knowledge of international development in these field.
- Some experience in communications relating to climate change, disaster risk reduction and resilience building is desired.
- Experience in writing and content production for a range of stakeholders groups.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.