Deadline: 13 May 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Manager in Arusha, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Communications Manager will lead and supervise remotely the work of WVT Senior Communications Officers based in Arusha.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Manager will perform the following functions-
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues to plan, coordinate and develop original communications materials and publications for grant-acquisition, for special initiatives and events, to showcase best practices and programs.
- Develop content and review and edit drafts of diverse publications, prepare information brochures and factsheets; draft articles and re-package reports to communicate the achievements of major initiatives for distribution to partners, donors, prospects, and the general public. Also draft speeches, position papers and the flagship annual reports.
- Produce transformational stories of project activities as per SO request and for use for internal and external platforms such as newsletter, and intranet and where appropriate social media, blogs, and twitter in addition, take photos of project activities.
- Develop a communications and marketing strategy that will guide World Vision Tanzania in its external relations and internal communications.
- Develop and deliver the communications department annual operating plan.
Applicants must have-
- Masters in marketing, journalism, development or corporate communication/public relations.
- 5 to 7 years working experience.
- Proven track record in the effective use of marketing and communications for fund-raising.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications and Interpersonal relations skills in order to determine the most effective communications and presentation materials.
- Professional level skills in publications development with writing and editing experience preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Skills in writing for a variety of audiences. Skill in writing and editing news and feature articles.
- Ability to write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity of fund-raising techniques including, proposal writing and public relations.
- Ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists.
- Photographic and video skills also preferred.
- High level of confidence and confidentiality.
- Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications, including desktop publishing.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.