Deadline: 7 December 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Uzbekistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor social, economic, and political developments and current events inside and outside Uzbekistan that may have potential relevance to ADB operations in the country.
- Build and maintain relationships with key regional and national media, government departments, academia, and related organizations, maintain a database of media contacts, manage budget for external relations activities, facilitate disclosure requirements under ADB’s Access to Information Policy.
- Develop, coordinate, and update content for the Uzbekistan country page on ADB.org and ADB official social media pages, in close consultation with URM management and DOC.
- Manage communications with civil society organizations (CSO) in coordination with relevant project officers; work closely with the CSO focal on sharing information with CSOs.
- Coordinate/manage the translation and dissemination of news releases and other external relations materials — English to local language, and local language to English.
- URM’s knowledge management focal point, prepare and manage the implementation of the country knowledge plan.
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing at URM.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Policy/Relations, International Development or related field.
- Master’s Degree in related fields and/or additional relevant professional experience will be an advantage.
- At least 8 year’s relevant professional experience in a media, corporate, or development environment experience with an international organization would be an advantage and at least 4 year’s supervisory experience.
- Sound understanding of social, economic, development, and political issues in Uzbekistan and the Central and West Asia region.
- Strong network, or demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a strong network, with traditional and new media, government officials, donors, executing agencies, civil society, and private sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Uzbek and Russian are required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to handle numerous responsibilities and clients simultaneously.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.