Deadline: 18 May 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Sydney, Australia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Proactively manage all internal and external strategic communications for the Pacific, Timor-Leste and Indonesia, in partnership with operational teams, and ensure that high quality, strategic communication plans are consistently implemented.
- Increase IFC’s presence in media and foster a better understanding of IFC’s work in countries in the Pacific, Timor-Leste and Indonesia, as well as in donor countries such as Australia and New Zealand, through boosting media contacts and promoting newsworthy content and narratives in local, regional, international publications and internal and external digital platforms, including social media.
- Develop external branding programs by working closely with the Campaigns and Content and External Relations teams on key projects which demonstrate IFC’s development impact and brand.
- Work closely with the Campaigns and Content team in writing creative and engaging feature and human-interest stories, blogs, profiles, and other materials for internal and external publication, and ensure that the Campaigns and Content team is well supported.
- In cooperation with industry and advisory teams, draft talking points for Regional and Country Managers, as well as RVPs and Regional Director, as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 5 or more year’s experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- State-of-the art knowledge in the field of strategic communications, and ability to address a range of issues, including taking the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement strategic communications plans and measure results.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of target audiences, highly effective writing style, and expertise in high-impact.
- Excellent working knowledge of digital media, including social media platforms and processes – particularly Facebook and Twitter – with experience in creating and sharing digital content.
- Experience in working closely with senior leaders on communications and in dealing with media.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Working experience in the Pacific, Timor-Leste and Indonesia and/or Asia and Pacific region.
- Knowledge of private sector development in the above markets a plus.
- Interest in finance/economic/business/politics themes in the region.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.