Deadline: 06 February 2023
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of the Communications and Visibility Strategy of Ship to Shore Rights SEA including the development of original materials to publicly disseminate the work and results of the programme in creative and user-friendly ways.
- Support the design, development, and implementation of Ship to Shore Rights SEA information campaigns and IEC materials at regional and national levels, for example, sector-specific, corridor-specific, labour migration information for migrant workers; international labour standards promotion and ratification of ILO Conventions; promotion of occupational safety and health materials and tools; attitude and behaviour change towards migrant workers in fishing and seafood processing sectors.
- Coordinate the design, development, and content uploads to Ship to Shore Rights SEA website and other relevant online and social media platforms, including AP-Migration and other relevant repositories.
- Coordinate the drafting, design, development, and dissemination of quarterly Newsletters for the programme, monthly updates to the programme website, regular Twitter posts, news releases, programme updates, event notifications and invites, tools and other content for dissemination via social media, online platforms, and other traditional media forms.
- Coordinate the publication, design, and printing process of publications developed under Ship to Shore Rights SEA, including the development of social and multimedia products to accompany research and publications.
- Lead the development of press and social media packages following publication or event schedules.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in communications, journalism, international relations, social sciences, or other relevant disciplines
- At least 3 year’s of professional experience in the field of public relations, campaign management, strategic communications, labour migration, labour rights and/or human rights.
- Knowledge and experience working with the ILO and/or other UN agencies in the ASEAN region is an asset.
- Familiarity with ILO policies and procedures particularly with technical cooperation projects would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English and Thai in speaking and writing.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.