Deadline: 23 February 2020
The Transparency International (IT) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Berlin, Germany. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Work closely with the Head of Communications, develop communications plans that support the advocacy and policy goals of projects and support the delivery of communications plans for TI knowledge products, events and other areas of work as required.
- Support TI’s media relations by building media lists, answering media calls and inquiries, pitching stories, identifying and preparing spokespersons for related topics and issues.
- Develop content for all TI channels including website, blog, social media channels, press releases and newsletters.
- Identify communications opportunities, including in the press, to increase visibility of TI activities, the work of TI chapters and advocacy goals.
- Work closely with the Social Media Specialist, develop and implement Social Media content in support of project and other priority areas.
- Provide guidance and support to TI-S teams and TI national chapters on communications needs.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
- Minimum 3+ year’s of practical experience in communications in an international, media or campaigning organisation.
- Experience in media relations and content development.
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems and HTML/CSS as well as Adobe Photoshop programmes.
- Understanding and experience of video production, including the development of scripts and working with external video production companies.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications.
- Ability to turn complex issues into persuasive communications for social media environments, especially to Twitter and Facebook.
- Excellent communication skills in English (to native speaker standard) required; additional languages an asset.
- Knowledge of and considerable interest in corruption, governance and development issues and international affairs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit Transparency International.