Deadline: 21 January 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the NCO’s communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women with partners, the media and the public.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide substantive support to the planning and design of external communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans
- Provide analysis for elaboration of communication strategies.
- Integrate communication, advocacy and outreach strategies into proposals for project/programmes and other initiatives, as necessary.
- Monitor and analyze print and social media and provide analysis to RO/HQ.
- Provide inputs and support to the launch of in-country UN Women/ UN system corporate and local campaigns and special events such as International Women’s Day and 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence.
- Coordinate and contribute substantively to the development and dissemination of advocacy materials
- Ensure timely production of quality communication products such as articles, photographs and videos to support implementation of NCO’s communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and resource mobilisation.
- Ensure development of at least two human interest story per month for UN Women websites.
- Draft briefing materials, and press releases and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels.
- Draft and edit articles for websites, donor reports and other publications.
- Promote and disseminate corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives, publications, and campaigns.
- Provide support in developing communication materials (i.e. social media graphics, infographics and presentations).
- Coordinate the translation/adaption/rewriting of information received, printing and dissemination of publications and audio-visual materials.
- Follow guidelines from HQ and RO.
- Coordinate media relations for the NCO
- Coordinate the establishment of relevant relationships.
- Maintain list of relevant media and media persons.
- Respond to inquiries for public and UN system information materials.
- Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences and briefing session for press, as required.
- Draft talking points.
- Build and maintain partnerships and maintain relations with different stakeholders to support resource mobilisation
- Maintain relationships with partners and alliances to enhance visibility.
- Liaise with advocacy partners and undertake outreach to civil society organizations, governments, and other groups to ensure that newsworthy information reaches the public and donors, as delegated.
- Support NCO’s resource mobilisation activities through identifying / highlighting effective programme activities and results using strategic communication tools.
- Manage the NCO’s web/ online presence
- Manage NCO’s websites’ content and maintenance based on corporate requirements.
- Manage NCO’s social media accounts in line with corporate social media policy.
- Upload information to knowledge management system on a regular basis, including news, updates, resources.
- Facilitate knowledge building and sharing
- Identify and synthesize best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme goals and activities.
- Organize and conduct training and workshops on communication and advocacy, as appropriate.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in communications, public relations, journalism or relevant field is required.
- At least 3 year’s of professional work experience at national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Experience in the use of social media.
- Graphic designing skills will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.