Deadline: 3 February 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Belgrade, Serbia.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for efficient and effective management of communication activities.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Stakeholder Management:
- Establish and cultivate relationship with the counterparts in the Delegation of the European Union, relevant ministries and governmental bodies, local self-governments, development organisations and programmes and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and cultivate partnerships with the key national, regional and local media.
- Collating and developing external reports used to inform donor and the key stakeholders of SHAI Project interventions, and key developments in the Project Area.
- Contribute to presentation of the Project’s support to key stakeholders, as per agreement with the Project Manager.
- Delivery and Performance:
- Conduct at least one annual mapping of Project’s stakeholders.
- Prepare briefs and analysis of political, socio and economic trends relevant for the Project
- Ensure and lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the Project.
- Communication Strategy and the Project’s Internal and External Communications Plan in consultations with the RSPO Communications and Partnership Specialist.
- Manage activities related to the visibility and publicity of the support which the Delegation of the European Union the Serbian Government provide to the Project.
- With support from the Project Manager and in consultation with the Communications and Partnership Specialist, ensure respect of communications requirements.
- With support from the Project Manager and in consultations with the Head of Programme, ensure respect of project management requirements.
- With support from the Head of Support Services and the Procurement Officer, ensure respect of UNOPS’ procurement procedures.
- In cooperation with the Project Manager and with support from the Head of Support Services and the Finance Officer, ensure efficient and effective management of the communications budget and that all expenditure complies with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR).
- Knowledge Management:
- Participate in the UNOPS’s Communities of Practice.
- Provide feedback to Practice Leads on policy, supporting guidance with an aim towards continuous improvement of UNOPS policies.
- Contribute to identification and sharing of the Project’s lessons learned and the best practices as per reporting format.
- Personnel Management:
- Supervise, closely monitor and assess performance of external consultants.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, international relations or a related field is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant work experience in communications, public relations, media or journalism is required.
- Experience with international organisations is highly desirable.
- Fluency in Serbian and English is required.
- Nationality of Serbia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.