Deadline: 7 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Produce various written materials as required in the LIFT communications strategy.
- Produce information materials to strengthen awareness of the work of LIFT in Myanmar.
- Track, research and analyse information on assigned topics/issues; gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and/or potential impact.
- Monitor media coverage and the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Draft different types of information, learning & knowledge and communications products for different target audiences, including press releases, media kits and reports, brochures, briefing notes, video scripts, newsletters, website articles etc…
- Organise the production and distribution of LIFT project/programme-related information material.
- Support communications activities under different projects for greater visibility, ensuring appropriate communications tools and innovative approaches are used.
- In consultation with the supervisor and the rest of the communications team, identify and propose communication opportunities, activities and approaches, in line with the context, the target audience and the LIFT communications strategy.
- Identify key contacts, constituencies and internal and external stakeholders and maintain efficient working relationships with them.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, or another related or appropriate field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 year’s of similar experience is considered equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the field of communications, journalism, external relations and/or other communication role is required.
- Experience in a developing country is required.
- Experience in South East Asia and especially Myanmar would be an asset.
- Proven ability to write excellent reports and briefs is highly preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.