Deadline: 7 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Produce various written materials as required in the LIFT communications strategy.
- Produce information materials to strengthen awareness of the work of LIFT in Myanmar.
- Track, research and analyse information on assigned topics/issues; gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and/or potential impact.
- Monitor media coverage and the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Draft different types of information, learning & knowledge and communications products for different target audiences, including press releases, media kits and reports, brochures, briefing notes, video scripts, newsletters, website articles etc…
- Organise the production and distribution of LIFT project/programme-related information material.
- Support communications activities under different projects for greater visibility, ensuring appropriate communications tools and innovative approaches are used.
- In consultation with the supervisor and the rest of the communications team, identify and propose communication opportunities, activities and approaches, in line with the context, the target audience and the LIFT communications strategy.
- Identify key contacts, constituencies and internal and external stakeholders and maintain efficient working relationships with them.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Media Studies, Journalism, or another related or appropriate field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 year’s of similar experience is considered equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the field of communications, journalism, external relations and/or other communication role is required.
- Experience in a developing country is required.
- Experience in South East Asia and especially Myanmar would be an asset.
- Proven ability to write excellent reports and briefs is highly preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills would be an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.