Deadline: 29 April 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Help develop the HQ internal communications strategy and plan, support and monitor its implementation.
- Assist in developing intranet and other digital media communications products and editorial content intended for WHO staff, and keep these products updated and relevant.
- Update content on corporate intranet site, as appropriate.
- Support outreach to WHO regional offices to enhance linkages between the global internal communications strategy and strategies of the six regional offices and incrementally increase their coordination and overall corporate coherence.
- Support internal communications efforts during external or institutional crises and during periods of major change.
- Help assess the internal communications needs and capacities of regional offices and country offices on internal communications.
- Provide support and inputs into WHO’s corporate branding work with a focus on internal stakeholders.
- Support stakeholder perception studies with a focus on internal audiences and review internal communications plans and strategy accordingly.
- Ensure brand standards are integrated into the internal communications strategy and monitor adherence and compliance as needed.
- Contribute to communications surge capacity.
- Work as part of WHO emergency communications teams as needed during humanitarian or public health emergencies and be deployed to the field as needed.
- Act as focal point in the central communications team for internal communications during external crises.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in communications, journalism, public health, health communications or related fields.
- Training in corporate communications, web development and management, IT project management, marketing, negotiations or diplomacy, human resources, social media; or equivalent in experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in information and communications in an international setting, corporate communications, crisis or risk communications, communications for change management.
- Practical experience producing photos, graphics, illustration, online publishing, video creation and editing and web content management.
- Experience in large institutions and in a multinational environment.
- Experience in social media and online analytics.
- Experience in the area of reputation management.
- Experience in communications product development or running campaigns.
- Experience in a country or regional office.
- Expert knowledge of English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of French would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.