Deadline: 20 April 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Manila, Philippines.
The Communications Officer will contribute to planning, developing and implementing the World Bank’s communications strategy for its work in the Philippines, which supports the WBG’s corporate, internal, and operational activities in the country, as a member of the Manila-based Communications Team.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Strategies: Responsible for significant portions of planning, design, and implementation of strategies to promote effective communications with external and internal audiences (e.g., on projects/programs, WBG products, and issues campaigns). Helps conceptualize and determine the types of information and communications interventions that are best suited to addressing issues or problems.
- Relationships management and representation: Maintains and helps initiate effective professional relationships with key external and/or internal constituencies (e.g., the media, civil society, academia, businesses, government agencies, etc.). Helps address external and internal target audiences on WBG policies and positions that are sometimes complex and/or sensitive, via media briefings, conferences, etc. Respond to routine and non-routine inquiries about the WBG to enhance two-way communications and dialogue.
- Stakeholder engagement: Plans and implements outreach activities to academia, youth, and other sectors interested in open development, and by contributing to the development and implementation of a communication strategy that will strengthen relationships with current Knowledge for Development Community and contribute to the World Bank Group’s position as solutions bank.
- Products: Writes, helps conceptualize, assigns tasks and provides guidance to others charged with the preparation, production and dissemination of both routine and complex communication products (e.g., media packets, news releases, brochures, Q&As, presentations, briefing notes, online and social media content, speeches, etc.) about the WBG, its policies and operations in the Philippines.
- Social media: Provides advice on messaging and marketing of content on social media channels to flag potential risks, and works to ensure consistent and appropriate voice depending on the audience/channel.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree (Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, or other related field) and five years of proven practical experience in a full range of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies essential to planning, designing and executing effective communications strategies and programs, or a Bachelor degree with 7 years relevant experience.
- Proven ability to produce high-quality, creative written and visual communications materials.
- At least five years of work experience in a multilateral institution or development agency dealing with issues such as social protection, disaster risk reduction and management, urbanization, infrastructure, rural development, education and health, water and sanitation or climate change.
- Experience and understanding of various audiences/stakeholders in the Philippines, including media, civil society and others.
- Demonstrated political awareness and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences.
- Proven experience in working as both a leader and a member of team.
- Proven writing and editing skills, with a strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style; innovative and creative.
- In-depth knowledge of international trends and political/economic issues related to development.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; demonstrated client orientation; sensitivity to working in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work capably under stress and to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.