Deadline: 25 April 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is about 1 to 2 years.
The Communications Officer will collaborate and support the Communications team in programme documentation through gathering resources (significant change stories, photography, videos) and media visibility.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Keeping the WVK Promise to Donors by researching, planning and providing high quality deliverables that demonstrate program impact at the individual beneficiary level (such as beneficiary impact stories, photos and video footage) for projects funded by WV Korea donors. These need to tell the story of Transformational Development in a way that is understandable to the Korea donor and helps move their heart towards deeper involvement and commitment to funding WV ministry. These “deliverables” will be determined by WVKorea:
- Multiple meetings (Skype or phone) with WV Korea Staff to fully understand the story and resource objectives.
- Meet, plan and collaborate with NO program staff to identify effective impact ideas and recommendations..
- Visit multiple ADPs to meet staff and beneficiaries.
- Research and interview beneficiaries.
- Submit identified cases (suitable child case stories) to WV Korea before each filming visit.
- Ensure that all financial arrangements for the trip (prior, during, and following) are properly handled.
- Following the filming visit, submit proposal on support for filmed child/family.
- Submit final report on the support provided for the filmed child/family.
- Support visiting team during filming (interpretation, and other logistics):
- During the field trip visits, meet with the WVKorea trip host (fund raiser) on a daily for debrief and plan the next day.
- During filming support with interpretation, securing consent forms and other logistical requirements.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor Degree in Mass Communications/Journalism, Community Development, or related field of study preferred.
- Skills in personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and other programs for uploading and downloading information.
- Understanding of transformational/community development.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles required.
- Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) required.
- Experience hosting or working with Korea groups of donors or visitors highly preferred.
- Experience with non-government organization preferred.
- Proven technical experience with video and still photography preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time preferred.
- English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO or International organization preferred.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.