Deadline: 9 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- In coordination with the Program Management Specialist, Senior Program Manager and AFOC Programmes unit, establish a reporting schedule for the RSHQ programme and projects, and ensure the timely drafting and development of precise, concise and high quality reports, and the submission and circulation of said reports internally and/or externally, as required.
- In consultation with the Program Management Specialist and Senior Program Manager, ensure effective monitoring of RSHQ program and project activities, in line with logical frameworks, for use for objective and effective reporting to the program team and all stakeholders as required.
- Provide quality assurance, including data verification, on all reports and information products produced by the
- RSHQ project teams by editing and consolidating reports for external distribution.
- Coordinate with RSHQ project managers and local counterparts to obtain information on new developments as they arise.
- Liaise with the Programme Unit regarding dissemination of reports and the accuracy of information included in visibility materials and publications.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced-Level University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Business Administration or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with an additional 2 year’s of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Technical or professional diploma in a relevant field with an additional 4 year’s of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Training and/or certification in project management, business development, communications, programme management or related fields an advantage.
- At least 2 year’s of progressively responsible experience in reporting and information analysis.
- Previous experience within the UN/UNOPS an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial and procurement rules and regulations, and financial management tolls, a distinct advantage.
- Experience in a post-conflict environment desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Dari desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.