Deadline: 18 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Officer in Mogadishu, Somalia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Senior Officer will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Communications
- Support the development, implementation and manage a communication, advocacy and branding action plan for JPP to strengthen communication in support of the JPP strategic goals.
- Provide support to the JPP to boost its visibility and awareness including identification of key stories, content, lessons learned, and achievements.
- Support the Deputy Programme Manager in liaising with the participating donors, FMS, FGS, other UN agencies and UNOPS communications teams on communications initiatives and messaging.
- Technical communications
- Ensure the quality of translation of JPP documentation to and from Somali.
- Create, maintain and regularly update the JPP website and/or other JPP external communications platforms in English and Somali.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external vendors and consultants for visibility and protocol materials.
- Coordinate corporate social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and Youtube. Design global and local social media campaigns for special events and topics.
- Support the preparation of high priority events with tailored communication and outreach plans including booth set up, coordinating with external vendors related to the event, targeted materials, social media, press and public relations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline with a combination of 2 additional year’s of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Technical/Professional Diploma in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline with a combination of 4 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance university degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s work experience in a communications focused (i.e. development of strategies and support) role is required.
- At least 1 experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications, in particular Adobe Design, is required.
- Experience with online communications/services and social media is an asset
- Experience /knowledge of Google Suite is an asset.
- Work experience in developing / post-conflict countries is desirable
- Work experience in the East Africa region is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluency in both written and oral Somali is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.