Deadline: 12 May 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the development and execution of strategic communications plans for assigned departments, offices, and sector or thematic groups, including:
- communication strategy development, monitoring, and revision.
- advisory support on interaction with relevant stakeholders including through seminars, interviews, briefings, press conferences, etc..
- advisory support on crisis communications.
- planning and production of external relations content to support communications strategy objectives including social media and other digital content, key messages, talking points, blogs, opinion articles, news releases, statements, feature articles, etc..
- planning and advisory support to Resident Missions in assigned departments, including oversight of external relations officers related to preparation and execution of communications plans, preparation of external relations content, capacity development, and other support as needed.
- Provide editorial advice and support to other DMCD products, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director, DCMD.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent, in Communications, Journalism, Public Policy, International Development or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 8 year’s of relevant professional experience, including at international level, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Superior writing and editing skills required.
- Excellent oral communications skills and team orientation required.
- Experience preparing and implementing strategic communications plans in a large organization desired.
- Digital and social media experience desired.
- Communications experience related to economic research or financial sector will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of development and communication issues in the Asia-Pacific context and familiarity with brand positioning for international organizations/financing institutions.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.