Deadline: 23 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Budapest, Hungary.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for the preparation, planning, execution, and monitoring and evaluation of a comprehensive internal communication strategy.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop and Implement a Communication Strategy for the GSSC:
- Develops, plans, implements, and monitors and evaluates the GSSC internal communication strategy in support of GSSCs vision, mission, objectives and internal brand, with particular focus on facilitating the two-way flow of information between the GSSC and its clients/stakeholders.
- Produce Communication Tools/ Promotional Material for the GSSC:
- Maintain and further develop existing communication tools, team sites, wiki’s etc.
- Produce communications content, including, but not limited to, briefing notes, guidance notes, fact sheets, brochures, memos, news stories, interviews, new releases, annual reports, and any other materials as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of information architecture, Internal Communication structures and Knowledge Management tools:
- Take a leading role in the development and implementation of the necessary information architecture and internal communication structures to enable the use of tools that facilitate a two-way flow of information and facilitate knowledge sharing among the different target groups (GSSC Staff, Local Focal Points – Finance, Master Data Management, and Human Resources, Regional Offices, country offices and NYHQ).
- In close coordination with the Service Quality Management Team, Training Team, and IT colleagues, contribute to the development and continuous evolution of the GSSC Intranet and other elements of the GSSC Digital Workplace (such as team sites and community of practice platforms) with special focus on fully exploiting its potential for internal communication and knowledge sharing, collaboration, document and information management.
- Develop Networks and Partnerships to facilitate the work of the GSSC within UNICEF:
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders whose support is essential to the achievement of the internal communication objectives, and strengthen their own capacity to communicate internally with the GSSC for knowledge sharing purposes.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in information management, internal communication or a related communication discipline combined with solid experience of information management and internal communication work.
- University degree in combination with 2 years additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the communication area, including recent direct involvement in the implementation of internal communication strategies and the setting up of internal communication mechanisms.
- Solid understanding of the concept of the Digital Workplace and hands-on experience in introducing and creatively promoting the use of related platforms and tools – preferably the Office 365 range of products and SharePoint 2013 online – would be a strong asset.
- Previous experience of shared services/business support centre is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, French) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.