Deadline: 9 December 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in New York, United States.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate communications activities, such as the production of press releases, articles, interviews, information sheets, brochures, presentations and key messages for the Global Pulse Labs.
- Social Media and Outreach
- Manage the portfolio of social networks (e.g., mailing lists, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and other online media strategies for advocacy and information sharing.
- Manage content and design of the Global Pulse website, including original content development.
- Provide substantial inputs to the development of the overall Global Pulse communication strategy to develop cohesive messaging, content and communications materials across all Global Pulse locations.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent), preferably in in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Media Arts, Marketing, Political Science or other related disciplines is required.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in combination with 2 additional year’s relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in communications, preferably with an international organization or the public sector is required.
- 5 year’s, 3 year’s experience in web-content management and production of communication materials is required.
- Demonstrate experience in managing and creating social media networks for advocacy and information sharing is required.
- Experience in writing and communicating about big data, data analysis, new sources of data, with a specific focus on development and humanitarian action is highly desirable.
- Ability to leverage online communication tools and methodologies (such as online monitoring, web analytics, or other online measurement tools) and to develop and analyze online communications performance indicators is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, InDesign, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Edge, After Effects) is an asset.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required.
- Knowledge of other official working languages of the UN is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.