Deadline: 13 August 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Deliver on communications strategy
- Implement an external communication strategy for LIFT, setting out the key communications challenges and opportunities faced by LIFT and how these will be addressed.
- Update and adapt the communications strategy as and when needed.
- Coordinate closely with a donor communications group to ensure the communication and visibility requirements of LIFT’s donors are understood and met.
- Ensure advanced information of events and posts and provide a stream of opportunities for donors to use LIFT’s products/assets.
- Promote learning, knowledge management and influence
- Support the LIFT Fund Management team in ensuring that monitoring and evaluation evidence generated by LIFT is used effectively to inform programme and policy development in Myanmar.
- Lead a noticeable increase in learning and knowledge management through the development, communication, promotion and use of evidence and experience, of LIFT’s partners and programmes.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree preferably in communication, media studies, journalism, development studies, international relations, public relations or related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 year’s of similar experience is considered as equivalent.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience in development and implementation of external communications strategies, external relations and/or other strategic communication roles is required.
- Experience in development projects, preferably in the area of livelihoods and food security, in a development country, is highly desired.
- Experience of meeting donors’ visibility, learning and influencing requirements through communications is required.
- Significant experience in South-East Asia would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social situation in Myanmar is desirable.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of Myanmar language would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.