Deadline: 14 May 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist in Kuwait. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical support to the development of policy briefs, talking points, and other corporate products as needed.
- Promote GSSCPD policy support through producing policy briefs, policy papers, working papers and other publications of GSSCPD which relates to the policy framework.
- Drafting press releases and preparing design of awareness-raising and advocacy materials e.g. leaflets, posters, brochures, website, other media products (for TV, radio, print press, Internet and other relevant media).
- Prepare press releases and media advisories, speeches or talking points, articles and success stories, organize and coordinate press conferences, book media interviews, in close coordination with the SG.
- Organize and facilitate media coverage of GSSCPD work (in various print and electronic media, inclusive of social media).
- Advise on publication policy, provide editorial and branding support.
- Build capacity of staff at the GSSCPD on various elements of a successful communication outreach and media campaigns.
- Conduct communications orientation and/or training workshop sessions as required.
- Present monthly reports to the SG and GSSCPD Project Manager highlighting key deliverable, detailed summary of the capacity building activities (number of staff trained) and recommendations for the way forward.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum Bachelor in political science, social sciences, communication, journalism or any related field.
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in communication and media.
- Experience in Kuwait.
- Familiarity with Kuwait governmental institutions is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, with MS. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Kuwait.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.