Deadline: 20 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Volunteer in New York, United States.
The Communications Volunteer will contribute to the production of innovative communication materials, maintain the Field Results Group’s webpage and contribute to the production of news letters to communicate the story of FRG to a wider audience.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Volunteer will perform the following function-
- Work with the Field Results Group and FRG’s Communication Advisor/Division of Communication in order to update the FRG Intranet webpage.
- Gather content and coverage of relevant country efforts to identify effective relevant country programme activities and results related to the work of the Field Results Group.
- Draft and edit articles, human interest stories, briefing notes, country profiles and other information materials as appropriate.
- Follow up on the production of communication materials for the Field Results Group and oversee the qualitative aspects of production.
- Maintain an up-to-date documentation center for FRG communication materials.
- FRG Intranet webpage is kept updated on a monthly basis, as needed.
- Articles for FRG newsletters covering country efforts are produced on a monthly basis.
- FRG communication materials are produced as needed.
- Documentation center for FRG communication materials is kept updated as needed.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Communications, Journalism or other relevant discipline.
- Prior experience of working in the field of Communications, Journalism other relevant discipline, preferably in an international setting.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with development programmes.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English, knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset.
- Good document presentation skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.