Deadline: 12 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Guide and coordinate the infodemic response team at AFRO and ensure timely outputs of deliverables.
- Guide the development of innovative, impactful and regular content for Viral Facts, the public facing brand of the Africa Infodemic Response Alliance.
- Develop a strategy and workflow for a sustainable response to infodemics.
- Identify funding opportunities and work on resource mobilization and funding proposals.
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders, donors, media partners.
- Lead the development of an infodemic management response system in priority countries.
- Prepare regular reports on infodemic response activities to the COVID-19 Incident Management Support Team on the efficacy of infodemic management campaigns and interventions.
- Provide regular reports to key donors on infodemic response activities.
Applicants must have:
- Post graduate Degree in communications, humanities, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 7 year’s communications experience with at least 3 year’s experience in crisis communications or misinformation risk analysis.
- Experience with international organizations.
- Proven track record of working on misinformation management.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of online dissemination of information, via social media mechanisms and the web.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.