Deadline: 18 June 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Digital Communication Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Digital Communication Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Web management
- Adapt technical knowledge and information to relevant audiences.
- Provide strategic and analytical advice for web development.
- Liaise with other consultants as needed for translations, graphics, editing and web development.
- Manage SWA’s website and keep content up to date.
- Plan news flow and editorial calendar.
- Social media management
- Develop and carry out a corporate social media strategy that reflects the overall SWA Communications Strategy 2018-2020.
- Support the development of the Communications Strategy 2020-2025.
- Take responsibility for content and development in social media, mainly Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.
- Manage professional social media accounts of the SWA CEO.
- Schedule and post all programmed content for the different channels, including relevant graphics and images based on the global agenda and issues relevant to SWA.
Applicants must have:
- Advance University Degree in in communications, journalist development studies, international relations or related field.
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant technical field (as identified above), in conjunction with 7 year’s of relevant work experience in the field of communication with at least 3 year’s of those dedicated to digital communication may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in the field of communications with at least 3 of those dedicated to digital communications.
- Previous experience in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector and/or SWA is a clear advantage.
- Extensive and proven knowledge in using digital media software including Adobe Creative Cloud Bundle, In-Design, Light room and Photoshop and in using content management systems (including Drupal and WordPress) are mandatory.
- Advanced skills in graphic design, photo and video production are mandatory.
- Field experience in a humanitarian crisis context is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the United Nations system would be a strong asset.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Other languages highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.