Deadline: 29 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Digital Communications and Community Manager in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Digital Communications and Community Manager will perform the following functions-
- Set-up and launch of the AYA regional platform
- Coordinate the development and validation of a strategy for the AYA regional platform, in close consultation with FAO, EAFF, and International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and national youth networks.
- In close consultation with Office of Corporate Communications (OCC) – Internet and Internal Communications , develop and monitor a work plan for the launch and regular management of the platform (2020-21).
- Establish a mechanism for collaboration between FAO, EAFF, IFAD and country-level youth networks, identify focal points and maintain regular coordination meetings.
- Web content and social media management
- Coordinate with FAO – Office of Corporate Communications (OCC) and EAFF teams, as well as with national youth networks, to source relevant information and content – including a section specific on COVID-19 response and preparedness.
- In close consultation with OCC develop an editorial plan/calendar and regularly publish content on the platform website and social media channels.
- Use FAO guidelines on developing compelling stories, and in close collaboration with OCC, develop simple guidelines/format to document success stories of young agripreneurs and collect them through EAFF network.
- In close consultation with Partnerships Division (PSP), develop multimedia learning materials (e.g. video tutorials and other youth-friendly digital formats) adapting the Business Development Support guidance and tools.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in communications, journalism, social sciences or related topics.
- At least 3 year’s of relevant experience in web content, social media and community management.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and/or Kinyarwanda would be an asset.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.