Deadline: 16 December 2022
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Donor Communications Officer in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Donor Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Communications strategy and programme
- Work with colleagues in the Resource Mobilization Branch, the Media and Communications Branch, other parts of DCS, as well as other relevant Business Units, to formulate and implement a communications strategy to support UNFPA’s resource mobilization objectives and drive new and existing partnerships.
- Develop, implement and monitor programme to communicate across channels priority issues, major events, initiatives and accomplishments, and other major activities related to resource mobilization;
- Monitor and analyze current events, public opinion, press coverage, and information needs of donors and integrates these into communications planning and response;
- Monitor and report on progress, take appropriate follow-up action, and analyze outcomes;
- Identify and pursue opportunities to increase visibility and engagement with donors and other public sector partners, including donor-related events.
- Provide guidance and develop tools, including key messages, presentations and templates, to strengthen and align donor communications across the organization.
- Maintain donor database and ensure proactive and systematic communications outreach, including potentially through a digital newsletter informing key donors of UNFPA priorities and sharing newly published content on the donor portal.
- Engage with peers in other UN or similar organizations to share best practices and identify learning opportunities.
- Content creation and management
- Oversee the planning and creation of compelling content and products, including brochures, infographics and videos, etc., targeting donors and other partners.
- Working closely with staff across the organization, identify and write/edit stories highlighting the positive impact of key donor partnerships on the lives of the people UNFPA serves for multiple channels.
- Inform staff of news and activities related to donor partnerships through internal platforms and other opportunities.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate university degree in communications, arts, marketing, international relations, public relations, journalism, development studies or other related areas is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant work experience in communications, journalism and/or public relations.
- Experience working in international organizations is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging trends, social behaviours, technology platforms and digital content that can help the organization create and maintain meaningful relationships with various stakeholders and online communities, including UN agencies, donors, development partners and the general public.
- Demonstrated experience in creating compelling content, as well as a proven track record of placement and creative and innovative thinking – a new way of doing things.
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing and engaging online audiences through integrated digital and social media strategies.
- Advanced knowledge and user of leading social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and others.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, French is an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.