Deadline: 02 February 2023
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head, Digital Communication in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head, Digital Communication will perform the following functions:
- Refine and execute a global digital strategy for the World Bank, that leverages the website, online outreach products, and all corporate global social media channels in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
- Ensure a regular flow of consented, on-brand content working closely across the broader WB communications teams in Practice Groups and Regions, in a way that increases our digital footprint and engagement with target audiences
- Leverage a deep knowledge of the digital space to provide oversight and guidance across World Bank’s corporate digital footprint and online presence, ensuring that our external platforms and content reflect organizational needs and priorities and support the engagement of our target audiences and key stakeholders
- Work across the team to successfully execute campaigns around key report launches, Spring and Annual Meetings, and multimedia storytelling efforts, ensuring coherent user journeys and audience segmentation for organic and paid digital activities.
- Define and communicate standards and processes to support the implementation of platform, audience and campaign-specific strategies
- Reinforce the strength of the World Bank’s brand, reflecting its thought leadership and impact, in a distinct and authentic manner through its digital presence
- Monitor and help manage reputational risk online
- Work with internal stakeholders outside of the External and Corporate Relations team to invest in and build long-term capabilities for WB digital properties, especially worldbank.org and social media channels, to increase innovation and audience engagement
Applicant must have:
- Master’s degree in Communications, Branding, Digital Media or related field with at least 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful team management experience in a matrixed multicultural environment
- Experience in digital strategy, content creation for social media, digital marketing and user experience; with proven success on global campaigns working in collaboration with social media platforms
- Experience working on digital communications and content for public and private sector audiences, especially in the development or humanitarian sector
- Strong experience in identifying and mitigating reputational risk
- Fluency in social media platforms and native analytics, with a good breadth of contacts at the platforms
- Solid understanding of audience data and how to effectively leverage this to create impactful social media strategies
- Knowledge of content management systems and web development work
- Solid understanding of digital tools including keyword and SEO optimization, audience targeting tools.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with a proven track record of developing positive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders with varying backgrounds and expertise.
- Fluency in oral and written in English. Knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.