Deadline: 25 May 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Advocacy Specialist in New York, United States.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Humanitarian Advocacy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Humanitarian Advocacy lead all the steps of humanitarian advocacy strategies, from development to monitoring and evaluation, integrating aspects of humanitarian advocacy across UNICEF advocacy work.
- Stakeholder engagement: identify, build and maintain partnerships and networks through proactive collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Management : Manage humanitarian advocacy initiatives. Contribute to building internal UNICEF capacities in humanitarian advocacy.
- Operations : Ensure adequate monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to oversee the delivery of the humanitarian advocacy work.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree is required in one of the following fields: Communication, International Relations, Political Science of related fields.
- At least 8 year’s of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in advocacy and communications is required, with at least 2 year’s at the international level.
- Strong understanding of world affairs, humanitarian issues and trends in external stakeholder engagement is essential.
- Knowledge of UN system and other international organizations, particularly those active in humanitarian contexts, is an asset.
- Fluency in English in required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.