Deadline: 25 May 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Advocacy Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Humanitarian Advocacy Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Humanitarian Advocacy lead all the steps of humanitarian advocacy strategies, from development to monitoring and evaluation, integrating aspects of humanitarian advocacy across UNICEF advocacy work.
- Stakeholder engagement: identify, build and maintain partnerships and networks through proactive collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Management : Manage humanitarian advocacy initiatives. Contribute to building internal UNICEF capacities in humanitarian advocacy.
- Operations : Ensure adequate monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to oversee the delivery of the humanitarian advocacy work.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree is required in one of the following fields: Communication, International Relations, Political Science of related fields.
- At least 8 year’s of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in advocacy and communications is required, with at least 2 year’s at the international level.
- Strong understanding of world affairs, humanitarian issues and trends in external stakeholder engagement is essential.
- Knowledge of UN system and other international organizations, particularly those active in humanitarian contexts, is an asset.
- Fluency in English in required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.