Deadline: 1 August 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Knowledge Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Work closely with the Principal Knowledge Management Officer, Senior Knowledge Management Officer and evaluation teams on the implementation of IDEV stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Work closely with evaluation task managers and teams throughout the evaluation process to support the retrieval, compilation and sharing of knowledge in ways that are responsive to clients’ needs.
- Identify relevant sources of evaluation knowledge and other information and extract, compile, analyse and present this for use in the preparation of evaluation reports, presentations, and other knowledge and communication products.
- Support evaluation, knowledge management and dissemination activities (such as meetings, missions, events) conducted by professional staff and/or consultants and participates in these activities as required.
- Identify and contact internal and external sources and other stakeholders to seek required information.
- Consolidate, categorize and maintain background information and records on relevant issues, developing related databases and information systems and updating them accordingly.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Social Sciences, Policy Analysis, or related field.
- Minimum 4 year’s experience working in development organizations.
- Understanding of evaluation processes.
- Ability to retrieve, package and present information according to the needs of the client/audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge or experience working in knowledge management or communication.
- Experience in participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience with outreach activities.
- Strong client orientation.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively as a professional, strong team player with a respect for others and the ethical requirements of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Proficiency in both English and French would be desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.